We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Carbon Compactor Ski Poles and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 19
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Compact for easy transportation.
- Baskets attach easily for added efficiency.
- The straps and handles provide a secure and efficient grip.
- Works well for split boarding due to the easy packing and carrying.
- Packs very short and slim for easy fitting into your bag.
- Simple and efficient to use in a pinch.
- Lightweight for all-day comfort and ease-of-use.
- Lightweight and easy to fold up in minimal time.
- The powder baskets are solid and sturdy for long-term use.
- Versatile to use in steep terrain or on the slopes.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Expensive when compared to other similar options on the market.
- The button to engage the pole is stiff and can be tedious to press down.
- The length is fixed and is not very adjustable when compared to other choices.
- The spring pin is hard to press when you are wearing gloves.
- Not a great choice for backcountry skiers due to the lack of sturdiness when the shaft sections are extended.
- Not as strong or durable as other poles to withstand tough conditions.
The Black Diamond Carbon Compactor Ski Poles are a lightweight, easy-to-use, and packable option that can work well in steep terrain or on the slopes. However, these poles may not be the best choice for those needing long-term, durable, heavy-duty, or extremely efficient options, as these poles lack durability and a quick-use release pin.