We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Sharp End Shell Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 50
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The hood is helmet-compatible for performance use during climbing.
- Packs down fairly small for easy transportation.
- Works well as a stand-alone layer or wearing with a insulated shell and base layer.
- Keeps you dry and warm in cold and wet conditions.
- A good price for the high-quality materials and construction used.
- Provides ample stretch for outdoor activities and exercise.
- Contains pit zips for ample breathability and ventilation.
- The cord adjustments provide a personalized fit and cut.
- Durable for long-term use over multiple seasons.
- Contains draw cord adjustments on the hood and the hem for a personalized fit.
- Contains four pockets for ample storage of gear.
- The hand pockets are harness-compatible for additional functionality.
- Waterproof and windproof for full weather protection.
- Provides plenty of mobility through the shoulders and the arms are long enough to fully cover.
- Keeps you dry during prolonged and intense precipitation.
- The rip-stop backer in the jacket provides effective moisture transfer to prevent any sweat buildup.
- Provides good weather protection during tough conditions.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Does not feature a two-way zipper for added efficiency while using a harness.
- You may need to try on before purchasing to get the correct size and fit for your body type.
- The fit is tight and snug, so you may need to try-on before purchasing or size-up.
- The hood is helmet compatible, but is slightly small and can be too tight while wearing a helmet.
- The hood only adjusts at the back, which is not as customizable as other options on the market.
- The collar is slightly uncomfortable for all-day use.
The Black Diamond Sharp End Shell Jacket for men is a weather-protective, adjustable, and durable option that provides warmth and protection in tough conditions. Despite the hood having a lack of adjustment points and comfort when compared to other options on the market, this shell jacket works well as a breathable layering option during intense outdoor activities.