We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Outdoor Research Helium Hybrid Hooded Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 24
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Works well for layering depending on the weather conditions.
- Small and lightweight for easy packing and transportability.
- The articulation adds to a full range of motion for proficiency during exercise.
- Versatile to use for a variety of outdoor activities, like hiking, running, climbing, or belaying.
- Contains deep pockets for securely storing small valuables.
- Breathable for using during intense exercise without overheating.
- The fit and color is stylish and aesthetic for off the trail wear.
- Very lightweight for easy layering and transport during full-day hikes.
- The material is breathable and waterproof for temperature regulation and protection.
- The left-hand pocket is versatile to function as a stuff sack for easy transportation.
- The wire-brimmed hood provides complete protection during intense weather.
- The hand pockets are zippered to keep your valuables secure while on-the-go.
- Features elastic cuffs and a cinchable hem for keeping in the warm air during cold days.
- Quickly wicks away sweat during warmer days to prevent moisture build-up.
- Features stretch for a full range of motion during outdoor activities.
- Stuffs into its own pocket for easy stuffing into a small backpack for single-day hikes.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the seams coming undone after minimal use, showing a lack of durability.
- The 30-denier ripstop nylon fabric is durable, but not the toughest option on the market.
- This jacket is not the best choice to keep you dry during prolonged precipitation or snow.
The Outdoor Research Helium Hybrid Hooded Jacket for men is a lightweight, versatile, and breathable option that works well for single-layer use during warmer days or during intense exercise, or for wearing as a mid-layer during cold conditions. Although this jacket is not the best for prolonged precipitation, it provides protection during light rain or snow during outdoor activities.