We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Garmont Dragontail MNT GTX Approach Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 146
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Supportive and stable without being restrictive against your ankle or foot.
- There is a very minimal break-in period for almost immediate comfort.
- Very comfortable for long-term and multi-day use.
- Durable and robust for long-lasting use over multiple seasons.
- Very durable for long-term use.
- Stable and supportive to prevent any ankle rolling on uneven terrain.
- Provides ample traction on a wide variety of surfaces.
- Features a traditional lacing system to make it easy and quick to cinch down for a snug fit.
- Dries out quickly for use during backcountry trips.
- The sole is very thick to protect your feet against any sharp terrain.
- Contains plenty of cushion to cradle your foot in tough terrain.
- Only has a short break-in period for ample comfort right out of the box.
- Supportive enough to provide stability while carrying heavy packs.
- Subtle enough to wear both on and off of the trail.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Might be too stiff for some users’ preferences.
- Heavy when compared to other shoes on the market.
- Might not be the best choice for use during multiple approaches and for lightweight hiking.
- Does not have ample breathability or ventilation in hot weather.
The Garmont Dragontail MNT GTX Approach Shoe for men is a comfortable, supportive, and durable option that works well for extended backcountry trips and rough terrain. Despite being heavier than other hiking shoes and lacking breathability, this shoe can work well as a combination of long-distance hiking boots and shorter approach shoes into one product.