We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Merrell Moab 2 GTX Hiking Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 3806
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides great support for use with heavy packs on uneven terrain.
- Versatile to use for multiple sports, like hiking and trail jogging during backcountry walks.
- Keeps your feet dry in damp conditions for use in multiple weather scenarios.
- The base is wide and stable for support on rocky and slippery terrain.
- Comfortable for all-day use.
- The break-in period is minimal for almost-immediate comfort.
- Provides ample on-trail comfort for all-day walking.
- Breathable for use in humid or hot conditions.
- The price is a great quality for the materials and construction you get.
- The fit is excellent for preventing any sore spots or snug areas.
- Works well for beginner and intermediate hikers due to the comfortable and semi-supportive nature.
- Provides ample traction on slippery rocks and trails.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The new Moab shoe fits narrower than old versions, making it more difficult to find the correct fit.
- Some reports of the upper separating from the sole after minimal use, citing durability issues.
- Isn’t the best choice for very heavy backpack loads or technical terrain, since other hiking shoes are more stable and supportive.
- The waterproofing might not work for prolonged precipitation or walking through streams.
- At the heavier end of the weight spectrum, making it not the best choice for multi-day backpacking.
The Merrell Moab 2 GTX Hiking Shoe for men is a comfortable, supportive, and high-quality shoe that works well for beginner or intermediate hikers and backpackers. Once you find the perfect fit for your foot shape, this shoe will provide traction, versatility, and a stable base for various types of terrain.