We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Catalyst Tent: 2-Person 3-Season and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 126
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The set-up is simple and fast for quick pitching and taking-down.
- The storage pockets let you easily organize your gear.
- The tent is waterproof to fully protect you from inclement weather.
- Spacious so that you can easily move around to organize your gear and unpack your backpack.
- Protects you from wind and withstands strong gusts, keeping you warm all-night-long.
- Packs down small for efficient transportation.
- The tent is color-coded so that you can quickly set-up and take-down the tent with very little thought.
- Provides plenty of headroom to sit up and read or organize your belongings.
- Comes with a tube stuff sack with a drawstring carry cord for easy transportation.
- Durable to withstand tough terrain over multiple seasons.
- The two vestibules add extra room for gear storage for two people.
- Considered a budget tent due to the low and competitive price point.
- Easy and fast to set-up for increased efficiency.
- Contains organizational sections and pockets so you can store your gear effectively.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some condensation build-up on the inside of the rainfly, which can be annoying during humid and hot weather.
- Some reports of the tent poles breaking in multiple places, rendering the tent unusable.
- Some users wish there was a double-zipper on the fly for additional venting and breathability.
- Heavy for solo backpackers to carry long distances.
- Despite the quick set-up, it can take a little bit longer to build when compared to one-pole tents.
- The tent is short in length, so it may be too small for taller users.
The Marmot Catalyst Tent: 2-Person 3-Season is an easy-to-use, functional, and protective option that works well for solo backpackers on shorter trips or two people on extended backcountry adventures. If you are looking for a simple, organized, and waterproof tent, this could be a good choice.