We’ve read the reviews across the web for the NEMO Equipment Inc. Hornet Ultralight 2P Tent: 2-Person 3-Season and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 273
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides plenty of sturdiness and stability or a one-pole tent.
- Easy to put together for increased efficiency.
- Durable for long-lasting use over multiple camping seasons.
- Works well for lightweight thru-hiking and backpacking over long distances.
- Breathable for use during warm and hot summer days.
- Waterproof for protection during inclement weather.
- Versatile to work in a wide variety of weather conditions and climates.
- Spacious enough to fit 2 people without being cramped or uncomfortable.
- The pole construction is durable and easy to use.
- Comes with a mesh canopy and rain fly for 3-season compatibility.
- Affordable and a good price for the quality that you get.
- Comes with a Divvy stuff sack to packing down very small for transporting.
- The set-up process is easy and intuitive due to the one-pole design.
- Lightweight for a freestanding tent that contains two doors and vestibules, making it easy to transport.
- Offers good rain protection during prolonged precipitation.
- Works well as a 3-season tent in a variety of weather conditions.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some users wish there were more guyline points to increase the sturdiness in windy conditions.
- Might be too small for two taller and bigger adults to fit comfortably with extra room for bags and gear.
- Not the best option for two people who want to spend a lot of time inside the tent during long trips.
- Might not be the most ventilated option for hot days and humid conditions.
- The vestibules are too small to cook in, limiting the functionality.
- The shape of the walls means that only one person can comfortably sit up at a time, reducing the mobility inside of the tent.
- Flexes and moves in heavy wind, which can be distracting during the night.
- If there is excessive pressure on the floor material, it can let water in and cause your gear to become damp.
The NEMO Equipment Inc. Hornet Ultralight 2P Tent: 2-Person 3-Season is an easy-to-use, durable, and lightweight tent that offers plenty of protection and breathability for 3-season use. Despite not being the roomiest choice for 2 people who spend a lot of time inside of the tent, this ultralight tent works well for a solo backpacker who wants extra space, or for a couple who wants a waterproof and versatile option.