We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Osprey Packs Fairview 55 Backpack – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 91 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.7 stars
Expert Rating: 4.2 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 503
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Features high-quality materials and construction for long-lasting durability.
- The small day pack has a few pockets for storage of small gear items during shorter trips.
- Easy to unzip the entire main compartment for quick access to your belongings.
- The straps are comfortable for all-day use.
- You can tuck all of the straps away while storing the backpack or while traveling on a plane or a bus for ease-of-use.
- You can stow away the shoulder straps for additional functionality.
- Contains a mesh-ventilated backpanel for extra breathabitliy.
- Features multiple handles and straps to quickly and easily pick up the backpack while traveling.
- Contains a removable day pack for added versatility during single-day trips.
- Versatile for use during everyday use, day hikes, and traveling.
- The shoulder straps of the day pack and the bigger pack are shaped so that they do not dig into your skin during use.
- Works well for those who want a larger daypack that can hold more gear than a typical hiking or camping pack.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Does not contain any smaller pockets in the main compartment of the bag, showing a lack of total organization.
- The small day pack can cause rub against your shirt material and cause it to pill during use.
- Contains only one zippered pocket on the inside of the main compartment, showing a lack of organization and storage capabilities.
- The pack does not contain any side pockets for storing small items of gear.
- The size and construction of the pack are a bit bulky when looking at the total liter capacity.
- The laptop sleeve is in the front of the pack, meaning it can be more easily damaged due to the placement of the device.
The Osprey Packs Fairview 55 Backpack for women is a high-quality, durable, and versatile option that works well for carrying gear for shorter hikes, all-day trips, and overnight excursions. Even though this pack lacks organizational pockets in the main compartment for smaller gear items, it features a day pack that can increase the versatility of this pack.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.