We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Big Agnes Q-Core Deluxe Sleeping Pad and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: N/A (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.4 stars
Expert Rating: N/A stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 98
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides enough padding for side sleepers to remain comfortable through the night.
- Durable for long-lasting use over multiple seasons.
- Although somewhat time-consuming, this pad is easy to inflate, making it a good option for beginner campers and hikers.
- Holds onto air throughout the entire night, increasing the functionality.
- The stretchy material of the pad is soft against your skin and quiet during movement.
- Provides over 4″ of thickness for ample comfort and padding on uneven and tough ground.
- Very little chance of bottoming out, creating a comfortable and restful night’s sleep.
- Packs smaller than other Thermarest options, adding more space in your pack for long trips.
- The TPU lamination adds extra protection against rough terrain.
- Fairly lightweight material, but remains durable to protect against abrasions and punctures.
- Features pronounced side rails to prevent you from rolling off the pad in the middle of the night.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The pad is a bit heavy and bulky for long-distance treks.
- The pad is a bit narrow for those with bigger shoulders or hips.
- The time to inflate the pad is longer when compared to other similar options, reducing user functionality.
- Big Agnes does not provide an R-value for their pads, so users have to try the pad in cold weather to see if it works for them.
The Big Agnes Q-Core Deluxe Sleeping Pad is a durable, comfortable, and padded option that provides a restful sleep for campers, hunters, side-sleepers, and hikers in a variety of weather conditions. Although this pad is a bit heavy to bring on long-distance hiking treks, for short excursions, this pad is durable, quiet, and long-lasting.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.