We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Marmot Tungsten Tent: 3-Person 3-Season and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 77
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Super easy to set up.
- Roomy but fairly lightweight.
- Stays dry even in heavy rain and wind.
- Decent ventilation to eliminate condensation even with two adults and a dog.
- Very sturdy given the minimalist design.
- Comes with everything you need including a ground tarp.
- The rain fly extends all the way to the bottom of the tent.
- Lots of vertical space on the sides due to bendy poles.
- Very simplistic setup.
- Lots of floor space for two adults with room to spare.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- A little light on features with no gear attic.
- The doors are a little awkward.
- Some users mentioned a slightly heavier pack weight than claimed.
- Not enough air flow for hot environments.
- Not light by backpacking standards.
- A lot of condensation in sub freezing temperatures.
- Bulky when packed.
- Mesh doesn’t come very low, limiting air flow on hot days.
The Marmot Tungsten 3P Tent is a great 3 season tent for the beginner backpacker looking for their first quality tent, or an avid car camper looking for something smaller and easier. This awesome tent comes with everything you need including the fly and footprint, and its biggest draw is its luxurious roominess with vertical sidewalls, 40 sq ft of space, and 46 inch peak height. This tent may not be the lightest shelter around, but for the price, it’s a great start for high end quality.