We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Distance Carbon FLZ Trekking Poles and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 85 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.3 stars
Expert Rating: 4.1 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 239
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easily adjusts to fit your height and proportions for comfortable use.
- Very compact for storing in a closet when not in use or in a small pocket in a backpack.
- Helps protect your knees and ankles from rolling or twisting on steep descents.
- Lightweight for easy storage on your pack or in our bag.
- Comes in three sizes for ample personalization and adjustability.
- The wrist straps are adjustable and breathable for comfortable use.
- The flexible tube and upper shaft make for a sturdy and reliable pole.
- Works very well for steep ascents and mountainous terrain due to the easy adjustability while on-the-go.
- Offers plenty of adjustment to create a personalized fit.
- Folds for easy storage and packability when on long-distance treks.
- Comes with interchangeable rubber and carbide tips for personalization.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some users question the long-term durability of the poles for multiple hiking seasons in tough conditions.
- Some reports of the poles cracking after only minimal use, meaning this pole is not a good choice for consistent use in tough or uneven terrain.
- The tips bend sideways during use, showing a lack of durability and stiffness in certain conditions.
- Not as strong or durable as other choices on the market, so they might not last multiple hiking seasons.
- Lightweight, but not the lightest on the market for long-term use.
- The size of the basket is small and makes the pole prone to post-holing in deep snow.
- Not as sturdy or well-priced as the Trail Ergo, meaning it is not the most affordable or long-lasting option on the market.
The Black Diamond Distance Carbon FLZ Trekking Poles are lightweight, adjustable, and reliable for use in tough terrain. Despite some concerns about the durability of the poles over multiple hiking seasons, if you are searching for easily adjustable and compact poles, this could be a good choice.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.