We’ve read the reviews across the web for the MSR Reactor 1.0L Stove System and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 337
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Boils water quickly and efficiently at any temperature for ample functionality.
- Can provide at least 4-6 days off of one canister in very cold temperatures for extreme versatility.
- Good weight for the convenience and speed of boiling time.
- Quiet while using for functionality and keeping a quiet atmosphere at camp so you can relax after a long day.
- High-quality materials and construction for a performance-oriented product.
- Lightweight and easy to pack up and store for long trips.
- Boils water in seconds for extreme functionality and ease of use.
- Boils water very fast in all conditions, enhancing the performance.
- Does not produce an open flame so it is windproof for reliability.
- Able to use during inclement weather, like high-winds, and still boil water and cook effectively.
- Works well in both high and low altitudes for extreme versatility in all conditions.
- Uses less fuel than other stove systems, which enhances efficiency.
- Storm-proof, which increases functionality and versatility.
- Very easy to light, even in windy conditions.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of working great initially, until it just stops working during a trip, creating a lack of reliability.
- Pricey compared to other similar options on the market.
- Doesn’t have the ability to simmer, which limits functionality and versatility.
- The cooking surface is too hot for anything else other than boiling water.
- The burner has some trouble fitting in the can, which limits the compatibility.
- Expensive and a little bit overkill for most camping trips and excursions.
- No bag for the stove and the canister, which limits the transportation options.
- Not the lightest option on the market.
- The pot does not attach to the stove for added compatibility.
The MSR Reactor 1.0L Stove System is an efficient, weatherproof, and easy to use option that is versatile for all conditions. Despite not having the most durability and being expensive compared to other choices, this stove system is well built and boils water quickly.