We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Eagles Nest Outfitters Vulcan Underquilt and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 27
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easily compatible with a hammock system for increased functionality.
- Fairly lightweight and compresses well for a synthetic quilt.
- Helps distribute the synthetic insulation evenly, preventing any cold spots.
- Doesn’t slip during the night when using together with a hammock, increasing the ease-of-use.
- Keeps you warm in temperatures down to around 40 degrees Fahrenheit for added weather versatility.
- The set-up is quick and easy for beginner campers or hikers.
- The suspension system is compatible with any gathered-end hammock for added versatility.
- The shape of the quilt conforms to your body to keep you comfortable and seal-in the extra heat.
- Keeps you warm down to 35-45 degree Fahrenheit weather, working well as a multi-season product.
- Very easy to set up, requiring the user to clip the quilt to the carabiners on each end in just a few seconds.
- Features DWR treatment to shed light precipitation.
- Water-resistant to shed light precipitation during rain showers.
- This underquilt is reasonably priced for the high-quality construction and materials you receive.
- The material is breathable and quick-drying for multi-day use.
- The construction of this underquilt easily adapts to various body shapes for increased comfort.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The dimensions online are misleading to the size of the quilt in-person.
- Some reports of the quilt not providing enough warmth for some users when using as a stand-alone product in sub-40 degree temperatures.
- Might not keep the user warm enough as a stand-alone product without using a foam pad for added warmth.
- Some discrepancies of the online specs vs. arrival of the product in-person.
The Eagles Nest Outfitters Vulcan Underquilt is a comfortable, warm, and easy-to-use option that works well, conforming to different body shapes and sizes. For those who frequently go car camping, hiking, or spend time relaxing in their backyard, this underquilt adds warmth for moderate temperatures, keeps you comfortable while relaxing, and doesn’t break the bank in the process.