We’ve read the reviews across the web for the La Sportiva Maverink Climbing Shoe and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 86 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.5 stars
Expert Rating: 3.9 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 48
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Feels very secure when you are on small and sharp edges for added functionality.
- Provides extreme sensitivity for a great feel of the rock.
- Comfortable to wear for a long period of time.
- The construction is made for children who have growing and changing feet.
- The platform provides slight downturn for some power transfer on indoor bouldering routes.
- The no-edge is durable for consistent use in the gym during bouldering and indoor routes.
- Sensitive to get a good feel of the terrain for added climbing confidence.
- Great edging for a secure and stable hold.
- Features Vibram XS Grip2 rubber for security on a variety of terrain.
- The edging works well for ample confidence and security on overhanging holds.
- Comfortable for all-day climbing.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Does not drive power to your toes for ample power transfer.
- The design of this shoe is great for niche climbers, but won’t be the best choice for casual or beginner climbers.
- The heel hooking is not the best when compared to other climbing shoes.
- Some reports of a pressure point on the back of the ankle reducing comfort for some users.
- The shoe is difficult to resole, leading to a higher repair cost.
The La Sportiva Maverink Climbing Shoe is a children’s shoe that is sticky, secure, and sensitive for teaching kids how to climb properly while still letting them be creative. For children who want a comfortable, high-grip, and stable option, this could be a good choice.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1, 2.