We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Adidas Outdoor Terrex Swift R2 GTX Hiking Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 2591
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable for all-day use.
- The grip is high-traction on uneven and slippery terrain.
- 100% waterproof to keep your feet dry during inclement weather.
- Durable to last multiple years in tough terrain.
- Fully protects your feet without being too heavy.
- The rubber soles are very grippy for added security on wet terrain.
- Breathable for temperature relegation during hot weather.
- Very lightweight for agility and comfort.
- The pull-cord lacing system is easy and quick to use while on-the-go.
- The upper doesn’t absorb water during prolonged precipitation.
- Athletic for use on various terrain and performance benefits.
- Versatile to use as a casual shoe, gym shoe, or trail shoe.
- Provides enough stability for a low-top shoe on most terrain.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- You might need to size-up half a size to get the perfect fit, so trying the shoe on before purchasing could be helpful.
- Does not contain any ankle support to prevent rolling ankles on loose scree.
- Some reports of the shoes not breaking in after a few wears, which makes them uncomfortable for some foot shapes.
- Lacks support for carrying medium loads over long distances, making this not the top choice for long backpacking trips.
- The deep-shaped heel cup reduces the comfort for some foot shapes.
The Adidas Outdoor Terrex Swift R2 GTX Hiking Shoe is a comfortable, high-traction, waterproof, and versatile option that keeps your feet dry and supported in a variety of weather conditions and terrain. Even though this shoe does not have ankle support like a traditional hiking boot, it provides enough stability for uneven terrain while remaining lightweight and agile for running.