We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Pearl Izumi X-Project P.R.O. Limited Edition Cycling Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 41
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Features dual-mounted BOA dials for complete adjustability.
- Super easy to get in and out of at the end of a ride for increased user-friendliness.
- Feature a heavy-duty and durable sole for long-term use.
- The fit is snug without being too tight.
- The toe box contains enough flex to comfortably go over hills in cyclocross runs.
- The toe box is roomy for added comfort while walking off the bike.
- Comfortable for multi-day use.
- Provides great traction for increased confidence while hiking.
- Features a BOA retention system for adjustability.
- The 3-layer construction eliminates hotspots by conforming to the shape of your foot.
- The upper is supple and wraps snugly around your foot for all-day comfort.
- The outsole is grippy on slippery terrain for increased confidence.
- The insoles are customizable to provide a personalized fit.
- Contains a stiff carbon sole for ample power transfer.
- Provides great power transfer for ample performance benefits.
- The upper material is lightweight and breathable for use during warm weather.
- The EVA foam insole provides impact absorption for on and off-the-bike comfort.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The high arch cut might not work well for all foot shapes.
- At the high-end of the price spectrum when compared to other similar shoes.
- Expensive when compared to other cycling shoes on the market.
- The weight is heavier compared to other cycling shoes.
- The tongue can shift to the side during riding, which can get uncomfortable after multiple hours of riding.
- Provides only minimal foot protection against tough exterior terrain.
The Pearl Izumi X-Project P.R.O. Limited Edition Cycling Shoe for men is an adjustable, powerful, and comfortable option that works well for different types of rides and races. For cyclists who want a performance-oriented cycling shoe and don’t care about spending a little extra money, this could be a good option.