We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Thule Goal Post and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 84
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Stylish and aesthetic when using.
- Features high-quality materials and construction for long-lasting use.
- The entire assembly can be stored in the bed of a pickup truck while not in use for added functionality.
- The height adjustment is quick and easy for added user-friendliness.
- Compatible with a roof rack to ensure you can use with any type of vehicle.
- Stays snugly on top of your truck without any movement while driving for added security.
- The front overhang does not interfere with your visibility while driving for added functionality.
- The weight distribution is easy to set and simple.
- Works in conjunction with a roof rack crossbar for added functionality.
- Adjustable so you can vertically extend the goal post to provide a second crossbar for extra carrying capacity.
- Features straps for lateral support to help reduce noise while driving.
- Includes two load straps for extra security.
- Features anti-corrosion protection for long-lasting use.
- Contains an anti-wobble design for added sturdiness while driving.
- Compatible to support two kayaks using this rack.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the users wishing the goal post had better control.
- Not compatible with aftermarket parts if you are trying to lock this rack, which reduces the functionality.
The Thule Goal Post is a durable, sturdy, and functional carrying option that works well with a roof rack crossbar to carry heavy loads on top of your truck. With a durable coating, anti-sway construction, and easy height adjustments, this rack is a good choice for anyone who frequently carries kayaks and other outdoor items on top of their truck.