We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Thule Sidekick Cargo Box and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 680
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Small and does not affect the aerodynamic nature of your car while driving.
- A smart way to add extra space to your car for weekend trips where you need extra gear.
- Keeps all of your gear dry on the inside for added weather protection.
- The U-bolt system is relatively easy to mount on the car once the cargo box is assembled.
- Compatible with round crossbars for added versatility.
- Lower-weight when compared to other cargo boxes for a more aerodynamic build.
- Opens from the passenger side for easier loading and unloading of gear.
- The grey color is simple and aesthetic for those who like an understated look.
- The shape of the lid helps keep moisture out during humid days and nights.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Too small to fit all of your camping or outdoor gear for longer trips.
- Does not feel very secure and durable for long-lasting use.
- The hinges make the assembly difficult and time-consuming.
- Some reports of the materials being cheap, showing a lack of durability and security.
- Not the most secure item for holding your gear, which can be disconcerting for users.
- Contains less features than other cargo boxes on the market.
- Not very durable when compared to other items on the market.
- Difficult to put together and install on your car, reducing the user-friendliness.
The Thule Sidekick Cargo Box is a functional and lightweight option for storing extra gear on top of your car for weekend trips. However, despite the convenience, this cargo box is less secure, less durable, and less high-quality than other cargo boxes on the market.