We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Yakima FatCat EVO 4 and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 208
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The built-in lift prevents the rack from hitting the top of the car and causing damage.
- The clamp attachment provides versatility for those who have smaller cars.
- Both bars have keyed locks for added safety during use.
- Your gear and skis are securely stored inside of the rack for added safety.
- The low-profile design helps with the aerodynamics and quiet nature of the rack.
- The construction is solid and durable for long-lasting use.
- The clamps are strong and secure for added stability.
- The installation is quick and user-friendly for beginner use.
- The SkiLift ensures the bindings do not scratch the top of your car for added functionality.
- The setup is versatile to accommodate four pairs of skis for increased compatibility.
- The aerodynamic construction provides a quiet ride.
- The universal construction accommodates nearly all cars for added compatibility.
- The double joint ensures your gear stays in place while driving for added security.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Make sure you de-ice the rack before using, since the click and release aspect can be difficult to use if frozen over.
- At the higher end of the price range compared to similar racks.
The Yakima FatCat EVO 4 is a durable, secure, and easy-to-use option that works well for carrying snowboard or skiing gear for weekend trips. For those who want a highly-compatible rack that won’t damage your car and is easy to install, this could be a good choice.