We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Black Diamond Big Wall Hooped Bivy and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 16
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Features plenty of space to move around inside of the bivy for added comfort.
- Durable to withstand multiple seasons of tough use.
- Only very minimal condensation, helping keep you dry during humid conditions.
- The waterproofing construction helps keep you dry during tough wind and snow.
- Features a tie-in point for secure and sturdy anchoring during strong winds.
- Features climbing-specific features that make it ideal for all-day climbing adventures.
- Contains taped seams for extra protection against wind and rain.
- The dual-sided zipper makes for easy entering and exiting for added user-friendliness.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The opening might be a little small to easily get in and out of while hanging in the air.
- Might be too heavy for long-distance treks to carry comfortably.
- Very large, making it hard to pack or carry for multi-day climbs.
The Black Diamond Big Wall Hooped Bivy is a climbing-specific bivy that is durable, easy-to-use, and functional for various conditions. With plenty of space to comfortably lay down inside of the bivy, climbers can stay dry and warm in wet and windy weather.