We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Brooks England B17 Standard S Saddle – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 109
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The leather can conform to your body shape over time for added comfort.
- Comfortable for multi-hour and all-day rides.
- The shorter length is beneficial to work for a woman’s body type.
- Contains two eyelets at the back of the saddle for compatibility with a saddlebag.
- Very durable for long-term use over multiple seasons.
- The leather helps reduce friction for all-day comfort.
- At the low-end of the price spectrum compared to other similar saddles.
- The retro style and aesthetic are appealing for casual use.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The saddle is a bit slippery at first, so it might take some “breaking in” to get used to.
- The look and construction of the saddle might not be conducive for sport use or racing.
- The break-in period is longer than other saddles, which can lead to a reduction of immediate comfort.
- This saddle requires periodic maintenance which can be annoying for some cyclists.
The Brooks England B17 Standard S Saddle for women is a cost-effective, retro, and stylish saddle that works well for casual use. Instead of using this saddle for racing, cyclists will love the durability, fit, and comfort during multi-hour relaxing rides.