We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Palisade Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 176
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- These are by far the best hiking pants on the planet.
- Very well made, many pockets, smart integrated belt, comfortable, light weight, fast drying, and durable.
- Extremely durable given how lightweight they are.
- These are a true 3 season pants. They can do it all!
- Hard to find any pant for hiking, rock climbing or backpacking that is lighter than the Palisade.
- Perfect amount of stretch added to the fabric provides a trim but comfortable fit that allows for a wide range of motion.
- The pants are so light and comfortable that they might convince “shorts-only” hikers to switch to pants.
- The integrated belt is great – it is protected and thin enough to avoid interfering with your backpack’s waist belt, but sturdy enough to do its job.
- Interior has wonderful soft chamois fabric to prevent chaffing.
- The pant’s design is handsome and intelligent, and the stitching is clearly top-notch.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The hand pockets are too shallow. Be careful or your items might fall out when they are not zipped.
- Since the belt doesn’t come out, you might have a hard time going through security at the airport.
- Inner ankle area could be more sturdy.
- The crotch zipper is a little too short, especially if you wear your pants high.
- While they are designed for warm weather, since they are fitted, they don’t allow for the best air circulation.
- Sweat can form inside the pants with vigorous activities in warm weather.
- Fabric can be a little noisy.
- The zipper-pulls on the pockets make a slight jingle noise when moving.
- The fabric makes some noise when you walk.
The Arc’teryx Palisade Pant is a legitimate three season piece of clothing. It excels at almost every type of outdoor activity and looks sharp enough to wear around town. Its smart design, lightweight fabric, and durable construction make it a long-time fan favorite.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web, including here: 1.