We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Freedom Pant – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 83 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.7 stars
Expert Rating: 2.8 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 279
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Fit is true to size.
- The inseam feels true to size and is comfortable.
- Velcro adjustments available at the waist.
- Not too warm that they cause overheating, but keeps the heat in and keeps the snow out.
- Provides adequate freedom of movement.
- Great option for an outdoor shell.
- Provides zip vents for ventilation.
- Breathable and comfortable.
- Warm and fairly waterproof.
- Ample pockets for storage.
- The fabric is fairly waterproof and windproof for element protection.
- Seams are taped to increase waterproof abilities.
- Features a large range of motion.
- Provides a soft fleece lining for comfort.
- The external fabric is soft and moves easily.
- Vents on the inner leg are lined with mesh, to keep the snow out, but still maintains breathability.
- Offered in 10 colors.
- Separate hanging layers creates some air space, increasing ventilation.
- Features 2 zippered hand-warmer pockets, and one Velcro-closed thigh pocket for storage.
- The inner cuff has a mesh upper portion to provide extra ventilation.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Leg fit may be too wide for some.
- The fit may be too big for some slim body types.
- The leg vents have mesh, which helps to keep the elements out, but minimizes the breathability potential.
- The zippers aren’t actually waterproof.
- The thigh pocket is fleece-lined, and can get wet when the snow gets in.
- Colors may be too bold.
- The zips require two hands to operate.
- Some users may not like the cuff ventilation, and not want air to get in.
- Pants may be too tight in the thigh area.
- Some users wish there were more pockets available.
The North Face Freedom Pant for men is a breathable and adjustable pant for skiers and snowboarders looking to snag an all-around option. The mediocre waterproofing and storage opportunities may deter some, but the basic features this pant provides makes it a great choice for alpine athletes on a budget.