We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Capilene Air Crew Top – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Extremely lightweight and warm.
- Very comfortable.
- Fit is accurate.
- Best baselayer on the market.
- Dries very quickly.
- It weighs 6.5 oz which is lighter than pretty much any other baselayer top that provides equivalent warmth.
- The material is addictively cozy.
- The “air blasting” manufacturing process creates an incredibly warm, comfortable and lightweight product.
- The whole garment is seamless.
- Wonderful breathability.
- Layered under a hard shell, it provides truly incredible warmth.
- Can be worn as a top layer in cool hiking conditions since it breathes so well.
- One of the most comfortable baselayers on the market.
- Minimalist in that it provides warmth and breathability at a very light weight.
- Extremely versatile.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Fabric is not durable and begins to deteriorate even under gentle useage.
- Fabric pills easily.
- Fabric is a lint and dog hair magnet.
- Traditional Patagonia capilene baselayers are more tried and true.
- A little bit itchy.
- Extremely high price.
- Not very durable.
- Provides basically zero wind protection so needs to be layered properly.
The Patagonia Capilene Air Crew Top is one of the warmest, lightest, most breathable, and most comfortable baselayers on the market. It does, however, suffer from poor durability and an extremely high price tag.
Note: User rankings were reviewed across the web and expert rankings were reviewed on outdoorgearlab, bustedwallet.