We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Tepui Awning and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 22
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Easy to set up and take down.
- Good for an inexpensive price as far as big awnings go for.
- Provides decent shade on sunny days.
- Covers a large area for multiple people.
- Two sizes to choose from.
- Easily rolls up into the travel cover for simple transport.
- Velcro tabs on the awning attach to the side poles to prevent sagging of the material.
- Protects from the wind and sun.
- Able to set up solo when needed, but might be easier with two people.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the product showing up without the mounting hardware.
- Doesn’t come with U-bolts to mount to a roof rack for your car.
- The parts are not burly and don’t appear to be durable over a long period of time.
- Some reports of products arriving in the mail that were already used or defective.
- There were no instructions on how to clearly install the awning L bracket.
- Might need two people to set up the awning quickly and efficiently.
- Doesn’t come with anything to attach the awning to your car’s roof.
- Several plastic pieces comprise the product, which could limit the durability in the long-term.
- The buckles securing the awning reportedly come loose during use, causing the awning to shift.
The Tepui Awning is an easily transportable cover that protects against light wind and sun, but has various negative reviews that raise questions about the durability of this product. Despite being easy to install and bring with you on trips, the reports of faulty products arriving, damaged pieces being shipped, and not coming with anything to attach the awning to your roof-rack unfortunately make this not a great option.