We’ve read the reviews across the web for the YETI Roadie 20 Cooler and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 3561
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Handle has locks on the sides so the bar doesn’t fall down.
- Variety of colors available.
- Reports of being able to hold a weekend’s worth of food and ice.
- Small enough to place into a car or truck bed.
- Relatively easy to lift when packed fully.
- Reports of holding ice and keeping it cold for multiple days, longer than just a weekend.
- Able to stack items on top without damaging the exterior.
- Very durable.
- Features two inches of insulation and a rubberized seal to maintain low temperatures.
- Able to keep meat below the FDA standard 40 degrees Fahrenheit for 2+ days.
- Fitted with a gasket to seal in water and keep outside air out.
- The hinge and rubber latches are sturdy.
- Approved by the Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee, meaning this cooler is bear-proof!
- Cooler stays in place wherever you set it due to the non-slip sections on the bottom that add grip.
- Screw-out drainage plug aids in easy cleaning.
- There are four tie-down points, with two acting as closure anchors, and the other two securing the cooler.
- Metal handle has a pad on it to make it more comfortable when carrying.
- Cooler has the ability to handle dry ice, due to the rotomolded construction feature.
- Ability to sit on the cooler to act as another seat.
- Two holes on the front corner can be used to lock the cooler.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The handle may be difficult to raise and lower quickly.
- A few reports of not keeping items as cold as most people have claimed.
- Rubber latches are very stiff.
- Metal handle has a tendency to jam, which means you may need two hands to pull the handle up or down.
- Thinner and less ergonomic handle, meaning more difficult to carry long distances.
- Can bump into your legs when you’re carrying.
The YETI Roadie 20 Cooler is extremely durable, functional, and super efficient at keeping food and drinks cool. Despite being a little difficult to transport, its impressive insulating ability makes this product a good choice for keeping food and beverages cold for a weekend or longer.