We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Asolo Fugitive Gore-Tex Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 1119
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Sturdy and comfortable after break-in.
- Provides adequate ankle support and protection.
- Runs true to size.
- Sufficient sole traction and grip within the sole.
- Ability to resole the boots if needed.
- Ample toe protection with the rubber toe cap.
- Tread on the bottom of the shoe is durable and long lasting.
- Inner sole material prevents slipping.
- Proven to be effective and comfortable in all-day outdoor activities.
- Keeps feet dry in both rain and snow.
- Reported long lifespan of the boots, with replacements needed after a few years of heavy usage, ranging from 2-5 years.
- No instances of blisters with the boot.
- Expensive boot, but if you’re looking for something heavy-duty, this is worth it.
- Gore-Tex membrane keeps your feet dry on a variety of terrain.
- Adequate ankle support without feeling too tight.
- Withstood multiple hikes over an 8 year span without any fixes needed.
- Multiple reports of comfort after initial break-in period.
- Stylish and practical mid-cut boot style.
- Provides a good amount of warmth in cooler conditions.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Stiff and rigid, which is great for hard terrain, but not if you’re looking for a light hiking shoe.
- A long time to break-in the boot and can take a while to get accustomed to the stiffness.
- Toe box could be too narrow for some foot shapes.
- Stitching near the toe box around the rubber can start to come undone after prolonged use.
- If you have wider feet, you should note to buy half a size up to accommodate room in the toe box.
- Quality of shoe distributed on Amazon is not synonymous with the quality sold on distributor website.
- Sole insert can be uncomfortable for some arch types.
- Some reports of laces ripping after long use.
- Not a lightweight boot.
- Instances of the outer sole peeling away from the shoe.
- Might need to insert an insole into the boot if you like a form-fitted feel.
- Reports of the outer sole detaching from the shoe after only a few months of use.
- Insole is not padded or comfortable at all, so an insole may be required.
The Asolo Fugitive Gore-Tex Boot for men is a sturdy, stiff, comfortable, and trusted favorite of many hikers. Despite the durability of the outer sole providing some issues, the waterproof material, ankle protection, adequate traction, and snug fit has made this a great choice for all-terrain adventures.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web, including here: 1.