We’ve read the reviews across the web for the HOKA ONE ONE Speedgoat 3 Running Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 229
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Features plenty of cushioning and comfort for long runs.
- Adds ample stability for rough terrain.
- Added reinforcement in the pinkie toe area to enhance durability.
- Plenty of cushion for tough trails for most runners.
- Keeps your feet comfortable during long runs.
- The bottom tread uses Vibram for ample grip on slippery terrain.
- Features a wider toe-box to accommodate more foot shapes.
- Provides a snug, but not constricting, fit around the midfoot and heel for ample comfort.
- The shoe is quicker-drying than the previous models, letting you wear comfortably during and after precipitation.
- Features a very sticky outsole to grip on rocks, wet terrain, and mud.
- Very responsive for use during uneven trails.
- Lighter-weight when compared to past options from the same company.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The shoe runs narrow which may not fit for some foot shapes.
- Some reports of the sole not being especially durable since they have fallen apart after minimal use.
- Takes a little bit longer than other options to break-in, which reduces the ease-of-use.
- Some reports of the shoe not fully protecting against rough terrain or protecting for heavier runners, with the users feeling some debris under their feet.
- Doesn’t have the most cushioning when compared to other options on the market.
- Expensive when compared to other options.
- Might not feel the most secure and stable while descending very rocky trails.
- Although the shoe has more room in the toe box than the previous models, it still might not be wide enough for some foot shapes.
- Not completely waterproof, meaning your feet can get wet in heavy precipitation.
The HOKA ONE ONE Speedgoat 3 Running Shoe for men is a comfortable, high-grip, and lightweight choice for those who frequently run on uneven trails. Despite being expensive, lacking some stability, and not being waterproof, this choice is a good option for runners who want a responsive and grippy shoe.