We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Atom LT Hooded Insulated Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 89 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.7 stars
Expert Rating: 3.9 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 310
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lightweight and warm.
- Features a breast pocket.
- Side elastic tabs to help cinch the waist.
- Side panels allow for movement and increased mobility.
- Not waterproof, but water repellent for a short period of time.
- Hood is warm and snug, due to elastic cinch to tighten the hood around face in colder temperatures.
- Elastic on sleeves helps keep them in place and prevents sliding.
- Great for layering, either as a mid-layer in colder climates, or on top of a light baselayer in moderate climates.
- Runs true to size – but should be advised to size-up if you’re in between sizes, or want to wear layers underneath.
- Stylish matte finish.
- Zippers are smooth and don’t catch.
- Big pockets.
- Easily compressible for storage.
- Temperature regulation possible due to breathability.
- Fleece underarm panels wick away sweat and allow for mobility.
- Ideal mid-layer for chilly temperatures.
- Available in unique colors.
- Cinch cord at hemline and insulated hood to lock in warmth.
- Water-resistant 20-Denier shell fabric.
- Features a high collar for retaining warmth.
- Fleece-lined pockets to ensure warm hands.
- Fleece panels provide a two-toned, stylish look.
- Interior lining is soft and smooth.
- Doesn’t show wear-and-tear.
- Fleece panels are comprised of Polartech Power Stretch with Hard-face technology, which keeps you warm and allows for stretchiness.
- Outer shell is made of nylon taffeta, which is very light.
- Jacket is slightly longer at the back to provide more coverage.
- Jacket can be compressed and rolled into the hood.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Seam placements on shoulder and breast area can be unflattering for broader-shouldered women.
- Zipper has a tendency to release and come down on its own.
- If you have broader shoulders, you may need to get a size up so that the top area of the jacket does not feel too snug.
- Not waterproof.
- Not a stand-alone jacket for weather below freezing (32 degrees Fahrenheit).
- The hood may fit too tight if wearing over a climbing helmet.
- Some reports of fabric pilling on the seams after use.
- Very expensive for a jacket, but worth it for the quality.
- DWR repels water, but is not waterproof.
- Not the best in terms of water or wind resistance.
- Not a stand-alone jacket for below freezing temperatures.
- No stow-away system.
- The fleece-lined pockets are warm, but they’re small.
- Breathable side panels are good for breathability, but you have the ability to lose heat through the material.
- Not breathable enough for high-intensity aerobic use.
- Very pricey.
- Not as warm or compact as similar jackets for the weight.
The Arc’teryx Atom LT Hoody for women provides a stylish and functional jacket ideal for the outdoors or going to the store, due to its comfortable material, warmth factor, range of mobility, breathability, and color choices. The ability to regulate temperature, to wick away moisture, to compress for storage, and to provide adequate warmth makes this a great choice for outdoor activities.