We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Nano Puff Hooded Insulated Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 225
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lightweight and compact.
- The weight and fit allow you to comfortably layer underneath.
- A practical under-the-helmet hood.
- Can be compacted into the chest pocket for easy storage ability.
- Checkered baffles ensures insulation doesn’t get stuck in one area.
- Packable into own hood, as well as chest pocket.
- Hood completely covers whole head and protects from elements.
- Stuffs into chest pocket with clip-loop option.
- Insulation has decent breathability.
- Maintains warmth even when damp.
- Microfleece patches form a capsule around the face, preventing warmth from escaping and elements from entering.
- Two deep, zippered hand pockets lined with nylon.
- DWR treatment provides short term protection from light precipitation.
- Jacket washes easily to remove stains.
- Versatile 3-season piece.
- Features PrimaLoft insulation to retain warmth.
- Able to wear with only a baselayer in temperatures down to approximately 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Synthetic fill doesn’t get clumpy when wet.
- Hood has stretchy material that encompasses the whole face.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Stitching on the sleeves can snag on the pocket zippers.
- Some reports of threads coming undone after use.
- Stiffness under the chin when the jacket is fully zipped, but the hood is not on.
- Not a stand-alone jacket for very cold weather.
- Reports of poor-quality stitching on this jacket.
- Not waterproof.
- Some reports of a ‘boxier’ fit.
- Not a stand-out choice in any category, but a safe middle-of-the-road option.
- Heavier than similar lightweight jackets.
- Insulation has gaps that allow wind to enter.
- Slippery fabrics and interior are uncomfortable during perspiration.
- Short arm-length rides up when you lift your arms overhead.
- Wrist cuffs are comfortable, but not as snug as needed.
- Threading on the quilted pattern can snag and come loose.
- Hood doesn’t have any adjustable cords.
The Patagonia Nano Puff Hooded Insulated Jacket for men is a classic staple for many outdoor enthusiasts due to the stylish design and basic features, such as mid-layer warmth, softness, versatility, and compressibility. This jacket is a great choice for layering underneath a shell when facing the elements or wearing alone on moderate temperature days.