We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Backcountry Silver Fork 750 Down Vest – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 19
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides warmth for layering in cold temperatures.
- The pocket on the left chest is big enough to hold small electronic items for extra storage options.
- The pockets are plenty deep to hold gear and keep your hands warm.
- The fit is non-restrictive and provides ample mobility.
- Features a zippered inside pocket to securely hold small items.
- The zipper doesn’t snag and is easy to use.
- Compresses down to a small size for easy transporting.
- The style is versatile to wear on the trails or around town.
- Breathable for use during intense activities.
- Lightweight for all-day comfort and easy packing abilities.
- Provides extra warmth during cold days.
- Casual and stylish enough to wear around town.
- Functional for use during activities like skiing and climbing.
- The exterior material is weather-resistant to prevent light wind and rain from getting inside.
- The vest fits into the chest pocket to easily pack and transport on your trips.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The colors online may be different than in-person, causing some users to be unhappy with the color selection.
- Does not contain a hood for extra weather protection.
- Lacks down fill, leading to reduced warmth.
- Some reports of the down leaking after minimal use, citing durability issues.
- The sizing may be off, so you might want to try-on before purchasing.
The Backcountry Silver Fork 750 Down Vest for men is a lightweight, transportable, and comfortable option that works well for adding a layer during cold days. However, there are many user reports of a lack of quality control, citing the colors are different in person than online, the sizing is off, and the vest lacks warmth and down filling. However, if you try this vest on and decide it works for you, it can be a stylish, functional, and versatile layer for your wardrobe.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web. Some expert reviews include these: 1.