We’ve read the reviews across the web for the POC Trabec Helmet and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 85 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.6 stars
Expert Rating: 3.4 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 131
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lightweight and comfortable.
- Adequate ventilation during activity.
- Minimalist, classic style.
- Consistent quality over many years.
- Multiple reports of feeling very safe and confident while wearing the helmet.
- Not a bulky fit, and doesn’t impede vision.
- Helmet wraps around skull, instead of sliding around on top of the head, increasing safety.
- The chin strap can be adjusted front-to-back using the plastic hardware, connecting the chin strap to the yoke.
- 16 vents for breathability which comprise a large percentage of the total shell of the helmet, aiding in temperature control.
- Very durable over prolonged use.
- Polycarbonate shell covers the bottom edge of the helmet, protecting the polystyrene foam.
- Runs true to size.
- The seams of the shell, which are the weakest points, are positioned away from potential impact zones.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Occasionally the sizing will not fit someone’s head if they are in between sizes.
- The rear adjustment band uses buttons rather than a wheel to tighten the band, resulting in a loose fit that doesn’t always stay locked on.
- Snap-on visor is minimally adjustable and does not securely stay put.
- Rear adjustment band requires two hands to operate, making it hard to adjust while riding.
- Very limited padding inside, and none on the rear adjustment band.
- Reports of people preferring helmets that use locking hardware to fix the chin strap into position.
- The padding doesn’t prevent sweat from running down into your face.
- This helmet has no other technical features like camera mounts or alternative goggle attachments.
- The peak is fixed to the body of the helmet with two plastic clips, with no opportunity to adjust.
The POC Trabec Helmet is a fairly durable model that has a minimalist design, ample ventilation, and adjustable chin strap, but lacks a convenient rear band and any technical features. While this helmet provides users with a high comfort level for safety, there are other helmets more highly valued by the experts.