We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Nano Puff Hooded Insulated Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 89 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.7 stars
Expert Rating: 3.9 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 236
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Lightweight and stylish.
- Comfortable and versatile for layering.
- Able to stuff into side pocket for storage.
- Stand-alone layer in moderate temperatures.
- Looser fit makes it easier to layer comfortably.
- Ideal for shoulder seasons.
- Machine washable.
- Hood form-fitting to face to seal in the heat.
- Can pack into the size of a ziploc bag.
- Enough mobility for activities like rock-climbing.
- Ideal for clipping to a harness or putting into a backpack.
- 60 g/m2 of PrimaLoft Gold Eco insulation, which allows for good warmth in moderate climates.
- Helmet-compatible hood.
- Hand-warming pockets.
- Quilted design allows tiny perforations throughout the material, aiding in breathability.
- Maintains 98% of warmth when wet according to Patagonia.
- Dries quickly after being wet.
- Eco-friendly insulation.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Slightly constricting around the neck when the jacket is zipped all the way.
- Hood is very warm, but not necessarily stylish for around town.
- Hood may be too big for certain body types when sizing-up to allow for layering.
- May not fit certain body types if you have broad shoulders.
- May need to size-up so the fit isn’t too tight around the hips.
- Cheap stitching and faulty zippers.
- No hem cord to seal in warmth around the waist.
- Not very water-resistant.
- Slightly windproof, but a strong wind will come through.
- No fleece-lined chin guard or pockets.
- Sleeves may ride up when arms reach overhead.
- No velcro or snap buttons on wrists for adjustability.
- Threading on quilted patterns can snag and come loose.
The Patagonia Nano Puff Hooded Insulated Jacket for women is a durable, lightweight, stylish, compressible, and warm jacket that is ideal for shoulder seasons, or layering in colder temperatures. It is a classic mid-layer jacket with some minor drawbacks.