We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Sentinel Pant – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 48
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Fits well without being too roomy.
- Multiple reports of not gapping at the waist, showing a snug and efficient fit.
- Fabric is soft on the inside, and comfortable.
- 2-way zipper allows for ease of use quickly, and can zip backwards or towards the foot.
- Able to wear knee pads underneath due to relaxed fit, enhancing the versatility.
- Waterproof and windproof abilities.
- Breathable and comfortable.
- 3-layer Gore-Tex softshell construction allows for weatherproofing as well as comfort and mobility.
- Easily adjustable, making for quick and efficient changes in fit.
- Sleek and supple fabric for comfort and ease of movement.
- Legs are roomy without being too baggy, allowing for aerodynamic qualities without being too constricting.
- Great range of movement and mobility provided.
- Good fit through the waist and crotch area.
- 3-layer Gore-Tex is burly and long-lasting.
- Fully-taped seams aid in weatherproofing abilities.
- Exterior thigh vents aid in breathability and feature two zipper pulls for easy access.
- Usable pockets on the front thigh are easily accessible.
- RECCO emergency system is utilized, which helps ski patrol find you if you’re caught in an avalanche in or near a ski resort.
- Front fly has snap closure for easy use and easy opening.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Length may be too long for some body types.
- No mesh behind the zips to keep debris and snow out.
- The removable belt to adjust and cinch the waist is difficult to use with gloves on or with cold hands.
- Some people wish the vents extended further down the leg for more breathability.
- Backcountry transitions are more difficult and slower due to the tighter powder cuffs.
The Arc’teryx Sentinel Pant for women is a highly-rated, high-quality, and top-of-the-line pant that consistently performs well. The relaxed fit, waterproof qualities, and mobility make this a great choice for any serious skier or snowboarder who wants a pant to be able to withstand constant use in the resort or backcountry.