We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia R1 Hooded 1/2-Zip Fleece Pullover – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 164
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Thumbholes for comfort, warmth, and efficiency.
- Thinner fabric in the underarms and hood for breathability.
- Hood comfortably fits under a helmet.
- Longer style keeps warmth in and doesn’t ride up when exercising.
- Deep zip aids in breathability option.
- Ideal arm length and doesn’t ride up when arms are overhead.
- Many reports of durable material.
- Ideal weight for a multitude of conditions.
- Stretchy panels under arms aid in mobility.
- Perfect mid-layer, especially with the baklava-style hood to protect the face.
- Zipper lined with fleece buffer.
- Made with Polygiene, an odor control treatment for synthetic material.
- Features one chest-pocket for accessibility.
- Very compactible.
- Advanced square material breathes well and wicks moisture away.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Elastic hem at the bottom of the jacket may be too tight for some.
- No zipper garage to prevent chaffing.
- May be too slim-fitting for some body types.
- Not as warm for its weight as some other similar models.
- Sleeves too tight to pull past elbows.
- Not water or wind-resistant.
The Patagonia R1 Hooded 1/2-Zip Fleece Pullover for men is a great choice for a year-round layer due to the comfort, mobility, warmth, and breathability it provides. The hood style, wicking material, deep zip, and storage ability make this an ideal option for any outdoor excursion or backpacking trip.