We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia Lightweight Synchilla Snap-T Fleece Pullover- Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 84 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.5 stars
Expert Rating: 3.5 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 600
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Relaxed fit for easy layering on top of a base layer.
- Very comfortable and cozy fleece material.
- Snap collar for extra warmth.
- Extremely versatile jacket across moderate/above freezing temperatures.
- Well made and long-lasting.
- Polyester provides some defense against wear-and-tear.
- Elastic around wrist cuffs and waist hem to seal in warmth.
- Snap-pocket on the chest for storage.
- Good mobility.
- Stylish patterns.
- Great color variety.
- Multiple reports of being extremely comfortable and cozy.
- Lightweight Synchilla is more versatile than the heavier version.
- Fair Trade certified sewn and 100% recycled polyester fleece.
- 4-button snap closure on the collar.
- Comfortable due to the fleece having no pockets or front zippers to catch.
- 12 different patterns available.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Boxy fit may not be desirable, resulting in too-short of a torso, or too big in the chest/waist area.
- Not wind-proof or water-proof.
- Some reports of sizing-issues when purchasing in-between sizes.
- No side pockets.
- Not very compressible for easy packing.
- No kangaroo pocket.
- No thumb holes.
- No hood.
- Doesn’t breathe well.
- Bulky for layering when wearing under a thin shell.
- Only method of ventilation is opening the four snaps on the collar.
The Patagonia Lightweight Synchilla Snap-T Fleece Pullover for men is popular and timeless. While its lack of weather-resistance makes it unsuited to be worn as an outer layer in wet or windy conditions, its cozy construction makes it a terrific mid-layer. And, of course, its classic stylish design is great for around town.