We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Patagonia R1 TechFace Hooded Fleece Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 95
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Versatile for a variety of conditions.
- Lightweight, but provides warmth.
- Attractive and bright colors.
- Helmet-compatible hood for full protection.
- Ample pockets for storage opportunities.
- It doesn’t restrict any range of motion during activities.
- Packs small and is lightweight.
- Not form-fitting and not too tight, but also not baggy so that it gets in the way.
- DWR treatment to protect against light precipitation.
- Able to adjust the hem via pull cord in hand-warmer pockets for convenience.
- Versatile due to the denser-fabric for extra warmth and durability.
- Able to layer under another shell or insulated jacket easily.
- The fabric is able to retain heat while being weather-resistant.
- Breathable and very stretchy for ample movement.
- Easily adjustable and the hood drawcords don’t get in your way.
- Blocks wind well to prevent drafts from diminishing body heat.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The fit might run too long for some body types.
- Rear hood drawstring can be hard to reach.
The Patagonia R1 TechFace Hooded Fleece Jacket for men is a versatile, breathable, and warm jacket that provides a great balance of lighter-weight material, weather-resistance, and ample warmth for a variety of situations. With multiple positive reviews, this is proven to be a great technical-piece for outdoor adventurers due to the well-thought-out features like a helmet-compatible hood, ample mobility, and heat-retention fabric.