We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Beta AR Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 84 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.3 stars
Expert Rating: 3.9 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 312
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Extremely weather-resistant.
- Durable, tough, and long-lasting.
- Versatile for any weather; a true 4-season jacket.
- Pit zips allow for breathability.
- Hem drawcord for adjustability.
- Hood drawstrings and zipper pulls add to efficiency.
- Sleeves are long enough that they don’t rise up when arms are overhead.
- Durable and water-resistant zippers.
- Helmet-compatible hood.
- Good length providing full coverage.
- Durability due to 80D and 40D face fabrics, combined with a Gore-Tex Pro membrane which provides superior weather protection.
- Four-point adjustable storm hood and water-tight zippers.
- The collar wraps and seals all the way around your neck, and is very cozy and comfortable.
- Two large and high handwarmer pockets that are above the hip beltline of a pack or harness.
- Small internal pocket for secure storage.
- Brimmed-hood for full protection.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Drop-hood doesn’t suit every user’s preferences.
- Hood isn’t stowable.
- Fits bigger than expected, with being baggier than a traditional ‘athletic’ fit.
- If you’re wearing a hooded-layer, the collar can become uncomfortable.
- Material is a bit noisy.
- Moderately heavy and bulky jacket.
- The stiff and crinkly material makes this jacket less mobile.
- Lacks mesh-backed pockets or two-way zipper for breathability.
- The laminated hood is not wired, which can make it uncomfortable if it contorts into a strange shape.
- Longer length would be beneficial when wearing a backpack or harness.
The Arc’teryx Beta AR Jacket for men is an extremely durable 4-season hardshell that provides reliable protection from the elements in all conditions. The comfort, combined with extreme-weather protection, make this a top choice for serious outdoor adventurers who can afford this high priced item.