We’ve read the reviews across the web for the KEEN Targhee ll Waterproof Hiking Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 2478
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Adequate stability.
- Quick break-in time.
- Reports of being water-resistant.
- Laces stay tight during use.
- Doesn’t loosen up easily during use.
- Easy to get on and off.
- Many reports of a comfortable and durable toe box.
- Tongue is well padded and the footbed feels balanced.
- Foot protection is superior to much of the competition.
- Wide eyelet spacing allows people with narrower feet to snug the upper down.
- Upper webbing eyelet extends around the heel, creating the ability to cinch the heel space.
- Torsion Stability ESS combined with the midsole creates a stiff shoe.
- Shoe provides good shock absorption.
- The collar is thick and padded and provides ankle support.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Inner lining wears out in the heel and glue that holds the black sole edges coming loose.
- Heel is too wide for some, which causes heel-slipping.
- Many reports of issues with getting quality product delivered from Keen via Amazon, with the shoes now being made elsewhere.
- Reports of treads separating from bottom.
- New fit is too narrow for some, and different from previous models.
- Hard toe and raised lugs can catch on outside surfaces.
- Footbed may need more arch support for some.
- KEEN.DRY waterproofing membrane wasn’t the most breathable.
- Not ideal for trail running due to weight.
- Wide and textured lugs weren’t efficient on loose sediment, mud, or snowy slope.
- Midsole is exposed, and shows wear-and-tear.
- Failed a waterproof field test.
- Once the lace eyelets wear out, the boot is done.
The KEEN Targhee ll Waterproof Hiking Shoe for men is a comfortable entry-level hiking shoe. It provides good support and some water-resistance. There are concerns about durability and waterproofing failures so this shoe may not be suitable for more demanding adventurers.