We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Lowa Irox GTX Mid Boot – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Best hiking and backpacking boot I’ve ever owned.
- Versatile – can handle all conditions a typical hiker or backpacker will face.
- Shockingly stable given how lightweight it is.
- This boot is the best in its class (of boots around 2.5 lbs).
- It is durable and high performing.
- All mountain boot that can handle almost all conditions you are likely to encounter.
- Lacing allows for secure cinching.
- Tread is grippy and stable.
- Tow cap is solid and protective.
- Toe box roomy and comfortable.
- Produced in Slovakia under fair working conditions.
- 100% vegan.
- Firm and supportive.
- Allows you to carry big loads while not being too heavy of a boot.
- Good waterproofing.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Color scheme is a little funky, but at least you’ll be unique.
- Not sure how durable the edge of the soles are going to be.
- Sole edges are a little soft for climbing.
- There are lighter boots in this class, but they don’t perform as highly as the Irox.
The Lowa Irox boot is supportive and stable, especially given its relatively lightweight. The boot is versatile and ideal for long trail hikes with a heavy pack, as well as off-trail scrambling. For hikers seeking a sturdy boot that is lightweight and supportive, the Irox is a terrific choice.