We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Altra Escalante 1.5 Running Shoe – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 114
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Comfortable and lightweight for all-day wearing.
- Provides a good balance of support and flexibility for use while walking and running.
- Provides ample cushioning for most situations.
- The outer sole has plenty of grooves to promote flexibility throughout the toes while running.
- Contains a structural liner in the heel for plenty of support.
- Features a comfortable upper to provide flexibility.
- Provides plenty of flexibility without being overly stiff during walking and running.
- Lightweight materials and construction for all-day comfort.
- Breathable for ample ventilation in warmer conditions.
- The midsole is bouncy and balances responsiveness and support for a lightweight, but sturdy, running trainer.
- Good beginner option for those who are transitioning to a zero-drop shoe.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The rubber bottom might not be the most durable and can peel off over time.
- The upper area can rub against your ankle in some users, causing blisters and chaffing.
- The loop accents on the tongue do not blend in with the rest of the shoe and can ruin the stylish appearance.
- The front of the shoe can cause blisters on the front of your toes in some users.
- The responsiveness is not quite as fast as in some other running shoes.
- Expensive when compared to the other end of the price spectrum.
- The upper might be too loose to provide a snug and secure fit on some foot shapes.
The Altra Escalante 1.5 Running Shoe for men is a lightweight, responsive, and flexible option that works well for both running and walking. Despite lacking some durability in the outer sole, this shoe is a good option for those switching to zero-drop shoes who want a comfortable, supportive, and cushioned choice.