We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Voile Split Kit (DIY) and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 87 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.3 stars
Expert Rating: 4.5 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 20
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Every piece fits together well.
- Board feels secure.
- Lightweight end product.
- Instructions included and video on website for ease.
- High-quality parts.
- Mounts well.
- Set an industry standard for others to compete against.
- Inexpensive compared to factory boards.
- Universal and can be used with any snowboard.
- Weight of the kit is light, at 1lb 12oz.
- Bindings work well and transition quickly despite having a pin based locking system.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Obtain quality epoxy before beginning.
- Only get one chance to get the placement right.
- Board loses some rigidity.
The Voile Split Kit (DIY) is for snowboarders who need an inexpensive and easy alternative to purchasing an expensive factory splitboard. Although time-consuming, this do-it-yourself method can provide an effective splitboard at a fraction of the cost.