We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Mammut Infinity Classic Climbing Rope – 9.5mm and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 29
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Smooth and durable.
- Easy to clip and feeds well through belay devices.
- Versatile for many types of climbing.
- Kinks come out of the factory coil easily.
- Easy to break in.
- Packs up small for easy transport.
- Handles well and the thickness and feel is good with GriGri device from immediate onset of use.
- Great all-around rope for various types of climbing.
- Great value for the money.
- Mammut core dry treatment enhances the lifespan of the rope and durability.
- Withstands 8-9 UIAA falls, which is the number of falls the rope held during certification tests, with 8-9 being high for a skinny rope.
- The coating used reduces internal friction and helps to repel water.
- The sheath of the rope comprises 40% of the weight, contributing to the durability.
- Great for longer routes since there is minimal rope drag.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some reports of the rope feeding a little too quickly through a GriGri device.
- Expensive when compared to the competition, despite being a good value for what you get.
- Some reports of fraying occuring after only minimal use.
The Mammut Infinity Classic Climbing Rope – 9.5mm is a durable, good-handling, and smooth rope that works well with belay and GriGri devices, enhancing the rope’s functionality. Withstanding 8-9 UIAA falls, having a dry treatment, and being easy to break-in all contribute to this rope being a top option in the climbing world for any level of climber.