We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Scarpa Force V Climbing Shoe and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 133
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Works well for those who need a flat shoe for all-day comfort.
- High-quality and durable for long-lasting use.
- The heel straps keep your foot locked in the shoe during use.
- Padded and smooth to prevent any heel irritation during climbing.
- The slight downturn adds to the performance while placing your feet in small holds and gaining ample traction.
- Durable for long-lasting use over multiple seasons.
- Versatile to climb with confidence in a wide variety of situations and climbing problems.
- Comfortable for all-day use on climbs.
- Precise enough to work well for easy and moderate climbs.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Not downturned or asymmetrical for intense climbers who want performance benefits.
- Some reports of the toe rubber not being as grippy as some may want for toe hooking.
- Uncomfortable to walk in in-between climbing runs.
- Does not have the most sensitive feel for climbing on mixed terrain.
- Lacks the necessary shape and sensitivity to work on hard climbing routes, making it not the best choice for experts.
- At the high end of the price spectrum for a beginner shoe.
The Scarpa Force V Climbing Shoe is a high-quality, comfortable, and durable shoe that works especially well for beginners who want to be able to climb easy-to-moderate climbing walls and outdoor situations. Despite the shoe being not downtrend or asymmetric enough for expert use, it has the potential to last your entire beginner career, making this a good first or second shoe for new climbers.