We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Smartwool Merino 250 1/4-Zip Top – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 329
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Despite wool’s reputation for being itchy, this is not itchy at all.
- Many reports of being true-to-length.
- Almost all users described this shirt as being true-to-size in terms of the waist fit.
- Soft material and warm.
- Lightweight and cozy.
- Breathable and resistant to odors.
- Great for layering.
- Ideal fit in terms of width, length, and sleeve length.
- Wide range of thermoregulation.
- Constructed of 100% Merino wool.
- Adequate at wicking away moisture.
- Tighter fit facilitates better wicking ability and sweat doesn’t gather in the fabric.
- Very comfortable material and doesn’t itch.
- Arms are long enough for all body types, and size is true to fit.
- Fit is versatile, yet precise.
- Only 90 minutes to dry after being completely submerged and soaked in water.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- May shrink in the wash.
- Not the best option for intense outdoor activity as an outer-layer.
- Doesn’t cover a lot of the neck, which causes heat-loss in colder climates.
- Difficult to get an insulating layer over top that contained a fleece lining.
- Not much water-resistance.
- Stitching flyaways and pilling of the fabric after just a few washes
The Smartwool Merino 250 1/4-Zip Top for women is NOT itchy. That’s right, a wool shirt with no itchiness. This is an all-season shirt with breathability, warmth, comfort, and functionality, making it great for outdoor aerobic activities in all climates.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web, including here: 1.