We’ve read the reviews across the web for the The North Face Apex Bionic 2 Softshell Jacket – Women’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 1138
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Many reports of true-to-size overall fit, true-to-size sleeve length, and true-to-size chest fit.
- Great quality and durable.
- Comfortable and good looking.
- Good windproofing.
- Variety of colors available.
- Dirt and debris does not stick to the outside of the jacket.
- Zippered chest-pocket for easy storage.
- Longer sleeves for full coverage.
- Thick, lined, and windproof to keep you quite warm even in low temperatures.
- Features curved cuffs, which have a secondary inner cuff that is soft and stretchy.
- Features two hand pockets and one chest pocket for ample storage.
- Lined with fleece on the back to provide warmth.
- ClimateBlock fabric aids in the jacket’s windproofing.
- 30+ colors to choose from.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Runs a little tighter than the previous fit.
- Will need to size-up to ensure a loose enough fit.
- Stiff material doesn’t allow for great range of mobility.
- Lack of a hood means it’s not as ideal for more serious wind or moisture.
- Despite keeping the user warm in cold and wind, the jacket is not breathable enough for aerobic activities.
- A bit stiff and devoid of any real stretch.
- Doesn’t compress very well and is on the heavy side.
- Once the cuffs get wet, they lose their comfort and take long to dry.
The North Face Apex Bionic 2 Softshell Jacket for women is a good layering option due to the jacket’s warmth. However, it’s bulkiness and above average weight makes it less than ideal for high intensity activities or light and fast adventures.