We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Castelli Free Aero Race Bib Short – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 142
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Chamois is shaped to minimize chaffing.
- Comfortable material and fit.
- Breathable to keep the rider cool on hot days.
- The stitching and material do not show wear-and-tear after prolonged use.
- The leg grips are functional and keep the bib in place.
- The straps are made of mesh to improve breathability.
- Flat seams prevent any chaffing or rubbing against skin.
- Stylish fit and look.
- Provides an optimal amount of compression without being too tight.
- The fabric on the straps is comfortable.
- The straps do not roll over and withstand stretching.
- Leg-length is longer than previous models, allowing the material to stay in place and provide more coverage.
- The main fabric is compressive, but remains lightweight.
- The fabric on the legs contains 38% Lycra for an efficient and comfortable fit.
- The Giro Air elastic provides better grip dispersed over a larger area.
- The fabric is resistant to snagging.
- The bib weighs only 160g, which is lightweight and comfortable to wear.
- Washes easily.
- This bib short has a balance between quality, price, and technical performance.
- The chamois consists of two layers, with the inner contouring to the shape of your body, and the outer providing cushioning and protection.
- The straps are slim and can lay flat under a jersey.
- There is a slim pocket for storage on the back strap.
- The bib is soft out of the package and requires no break-in time.
- The panels on the quad portions have a dotted pattern, creating a smooth flow of air over the surface of the shorts.
- The chamois has dimples on it, aiding in breathability.
- The panels on the shorts are efficient in promoting muscular support.
- The bib features laser-cut edges, enhancing the comfort fit.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Some taller riders may want more length to the straps.
- May not fit bigger-sized cyclists due to being tight in the quads.
- Some may not like the scorpion logos on the bib.
- Many reports of needing to size-up.
- The seams may start to separate if you purchase a size too small.
- The leg-length may be a bit long for those with shorter thighs.
- The straps can sometimes become bunched at the shoulders.
- The pad can be very comfortable, but may be too bulky for some cyclists.
The Castelli Free Aero Race Bib Short for men is a high-tech and aerodynamic piece that is suited for intense cyclists. The padded chamois and flat seams promote comfort, while the compression and fabric enhance the technical quality, leading this to be a top choice for both training and racing.