We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Arc’teryx Atom LT Insulated Jacket – Men’s and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 240
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Warm, breathable, and durable.
- Stylish enough to wear around town.
- Insulation is quite warm for its weight.
- The fleece side panels allow space underneath for a layer.
- Hand pockets are warm.
- The side pockets are high enough to wear a harness with the jacket.
- The sides are comprised of stretchy material, allowing for ample movement.
- The Polartec Power Stretch combined with Hardface Technology makes for a breathable and durable jacket.
- Top notch quality and athletic fit provides comfort.
- The cuff design is made for a snug fit.
- This jacket is ideal for active use in cold temperatures due to the mobility and breathability.
- Water beads on the outside due to the DWR treatment, until the jacket gets extremely wet.
- A couple ounces lighter than the competition.
- The Coreloft is warmer and more lightweight when compared to Primaloft Gold.
- A single cinch-cord at the waist allows the user to tighten the jacket the desired amount, promoting warmth.
- Rated as one of the best synthetic insulated jackets on the market.
- The taffeta shell protects against wind and rain.
- The low-key matte finish is stylish.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- The zipper has reports of questionable durability.
- Only one side of the inside of the hand pocket is fleece-lined, hindering the warmth.
- The zipper doesn’t stay in place unless it is all the way zipped up.
- Not the warmest jacket available, and not as warm as down alternatives.
- The jacket does not stuff into a pocket and can take up some room in a backpack.
The Arc’teryx Atom LT Insulated Jacket for men is a lightweight jacket suited for an active mid-layer, featuring a mobile and breathable design. The water-resistance and wind-resistance make this a suitable outer-layer in moderate temperatures, especially during active outdoor adventures.