We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Giro Synthe MIPS Helmet and summarize the results below:
PeakScore: 90 (out of 100)
User Rating: 4.5 stars
Expert Rating: 4.5 stars
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 90
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- Provides good protection for tough crashes.
- Fits well and is comfortable.
- Can use with a mount headlight.
- Easy-fit adjustment dial on the back can be adjusted with one hand.
- Stylish matte colors.
- Adequate ventilation for most scenarios.
- Low wind noise when cycling.
- The silver-lined mesh helps to keep sweat out of the face and fights odor.
- The straps are easy to adjust.
- Aerodynamic shape.
- Roc Loc Air fit system provides easy adjustability.
- EPS foam for comfort and cooling ability.
- The tension system encircles the head, aiding in protection.
- The helmet distributes even pressure around the head, to eliminate pressure points.
- The straps are well-designed and lay flat against the face.
- The internal harness is adjustable to various head shapes.
- Only one MIPS helmet in this category is lighter weight.
- Features rubberized sunglasses-grippers for functionality.
- Features 26 wind-tunnel vents for breathability.
- Comes in a variety of colors.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- May need to size-up.
- Difficult to find a replacement pad insert if yours wear down.
- Some sizing issues due to head shape and being in-between sizes.
- The adjustment dial is smaller than other helmets, which may make it more difficult to adjust quickly.
- The fixed anchor position of the rear straps makes it difficult to have the buckle centered under your chin.
- Heavier than non-MIPS options.
- The exposed EPS foam is more prone to wear-and-tear over time.
- There are lighter weight options.
The Giro Synthe MIPS Helmet is great for cyclists who want a versatile and breathable helmet for training and racing. The protection, adjustability, and ventilation the helmet offers makes it suitable for serious cyclists looking to improve their training or racing times.
Note: User and expert rankings were reviewed across the web, including here: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.