We’ve read the reviews across the web for the Cleary Bikes Hedgehog 16in Single Speed Bike – Kids’ and summarize the results below:
Number of Ratings Reviewed: 133
Pros & Cons
Reasons to buy:
- The hand brakes are efficient and easy to use while on-the-move.
- Light enough for a parent or grown up to push around and help the child learn to pedal.
- The V-brakes can be easily adjusted to fit small hands.
- Features high-quality construction and materials for added confidence during use.
- Works very well as a starter bike for beginner bikers and your kids.
- Very durable for consistent and long-term use.
- The brake levers are small and easy to pull with tiny hands.
- Lightweight for easy transportation and storage.
- The larger pedals provide ample stability and control while pedaling.
- Very stable for biking over uneven terrain.
- The low gear ratio allows kids to move the pedals quickly and gain speed without having to pedal too hard.
- The mid-range positioning is a good angle for children learning to bike.
- No coaster brake, so remains lightweight and simple to use.
- The saddle is lightweight, narrow, and comfortable for all-day use.
Reasons NOT to buy:
- Does not come with a kickstand to easily prop up the bike when not in use.
- No reflective strip on the side of the tires for added safety.
- The top speed is not as fast as other 16″ bikes on the market.
- At the high end of the price spectrum for a bike that will not fit for multiple years.
- Does not feature a quick release for the seat post, meaning it can be more tedious to adjust.
The Cleary Bikes Hedgehog 16in Single Speed Bike for kids is an easy-to-use, safe, and reliable option that works well for teaching kids how to use hand brakes while biking. If you don’t mind spending a pretty penny on a bike that won’t fit your child for more than a few years, this single-speed and lightweight bike can help teach safe braking and remain stable on uneven terrain.